Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Fall Favorites

I love the sights, scents and tastes of Fall. It's a season that caters to our senses, whether we're drinking hot apple cider on a crisp evening, smelling pumpkin bread baking in the oven or admiring the colorful trees.

Here are a few of my 'must-have' treats for Fall that help me savor the season:

*Sweet cinnamon pumpkin collection*
from Bath and Body Works



*Yankee housewarmer Pumpkin Pie candle*
$9.99-$24.99



*Starbucks pumpkin spice latte*







Buy a gift card for yourself or give one to a friend to enjoy all the holiday specials including the gingerbread latte and hazelnut hot chocolate






*My family's Pumpkin Ring recipe*
YUM! This is my favorite fall treat--for breakfast, dessert or an afternoon snack with coffee. My sister just baked this for me for my birthday and the entire thing was gone in a couple days. I cannot get enough.


1/2 cups vegetable oil
2 cups sugar
1 1/4 tsp salt
2 cups canned pumpkin (16 oz total)
4 eggs
3 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cups chocolate chips


1. Beat oil, sugar and salt
2. Beat in pumpkin and eggs
3. Mix dry ingredients together and add to pumpkin mixture
4. Add in chocolate chips
5. Bake in tin bundt cake pan (lightly greased) for 1 hour at 350



No comments: