Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Go After Your Dreams

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams,
and endeavors to live the life which he imagined,
he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours."
-Henry David Thoreau

What are your dreams?  Where do you see yourself next week, next month, a year from now or 5 years from now?  

Sometimes, the daily, crazy, mundane life gets in the way of reaching the life you always wanted.   I know as a married woman and a mom, that sometimes I lose sight of the REST of me.  I am a friend, a sister, a daughter.  I am creative, fun, spontaneous, inspired.  Unless you consciously remind yourself of your talents, abilities & accomplishments, you can forget what have done or who you are.   

I recently talked to my friend who said, "The life I always wanted is actually happening to me.  It is almost overwhelming."  So how did she get there?  She stopped waiting for good things to just come to her.  She decided that she would create the life that she always wanted.  

So, what do YOU want from your life?  Dream big.  Is it a beach house?  Is it the ability to stay home with your kids & not work?  Is it to start your own business?  Is it to have weekly dates with your husband?  Is it to run a marathon?  Is it to lose weight?  Is it to be the hostess with the most-ess?  

Write down your dreams.  Put them somewhere that you look at often.  Then start making small decisions daily that will move you in the direction of those dreams.  

No comments: