Monday, July 7, 2008

Summer Songs

Some of my fondest memories of summer where spent on the back roads of Indiana in my car with the windows down, a fountain Cherry Coke and the music blaring. Often times, the music I was playing was a glimpse into how I was feeling at the time. My sister and I often say that our mixed cassette tape was a “Soundtrack” to our lives. Now, whenever I hear those songs, it takes my back to the dirt roads and the cornfields lining each side of the road. Such good memories.

A few of the tunes I would drive to were.....

“Crazy” by Areosmith
“I’m Alright” by Jo Dee Massina
“Mo Money Mo Problems” by P Diddy (formally known as Puff Daddy) and Mace
“Can’t nobody hold me down” by P Diddy

This summer I am adding a few to my list “Summer Long” by Kid Rock and as embarrassed as I am to admit it…”Summertime” by New Kids on the Block.

Music is essential during the summer. The next time you are hosting a barbeque, put together a play list and you can be sure that your party will be a hit. Include a variety of favorites from the past and present. Your guest may even share what memories that have of the songs, which can make a great conversation. Whether you are hosting a barbeque, or traveling the back roads, you might consider of few of these suggested songs from over the years…

“Schools out for the Summer” by Alice Cooper
“Summertime” by Will Smith
“Sunshine on My Shoulders” by John Denver
“Summer Nights” by Olivia Newton John and John Travolta
“Margarita” Jimmy Buffet
“Under the Boardwalk” by The Drifters
“Hot Fun in the Summertime” by Sly & The Family Stones
“Born to Run” by Bruce Springsteen
“Those Lazy Hazy Crazy Days Of Summer” by Nat King Cole
“Summer in the City “ by Loving Spoonful

1 comment:

Kathy (Pearson) Troyer said...

Yeah - Aimee posted some goodness! Love you little mama! Hope all is well in the Dublin area!

I can just picture you and Mindy riding around with the radio blaring and singing! Oh, my, you girls can sing!