Saturday, July 5, 2008

THE PERFECTly easy MARGARITA (serves 6)






















  • 1 - 12 oz. bottle of Corona Extra
  • 12 oz. Tequila
  • 1 -12 oz can of  Limeade Frozen Concentrate
  • 12 oz. Lemon-Lime Soda
  • Coarse Sea Salt
  • Limes
  • Ice
  • Cocktail Rimmer
  • Pitcher
  • 6 Margarita glasses
Pour Corona into the pitcher.  Fill the empty bottle with Tequila (I use Jose Cuervo Especial) and add to pitcher.  Put the frozen limeade mix into the pitcher and then fill the empty can with the lemon-lime soda & add it to the other ingredients.  Stir.  
Salt Rims of 6 glasses. Put ice in each glass and pour Margarita Mix into glasses.  Garnish each glass with a lime.  Take a sip & then share with 5 of your friends!  


I have never been a bartender, but this impresses everyone I make it for!  The recipe comes from either my sister-in-law's cousin or my brother's long-time friend, Wayne.  It doesn't really matter who it comes from, I guess; the important thing is that it is delicious, refreshing & show-stopping.  

COCKTAIL RIMMER
A Cocktail Rimmer is a must have for anyone who entertains.  This one from Williams-Sonoma is only $9.95 and is dishwasher safe.  All you do is fill the sponge tray with water or lime juice and the other tray with sugar or salt.  Then press the rim of an EMPTY glass in the sponge & then into the salt or sugar.  






















LEMON INSPIRED TRAY
I always use a tray to "contain" all the margarita madness. About 2 years ago, my glamorous girlfriend, Aimee, bought me a beautiful tray that is garden green. It has 2 beautiful lemon patterned tiles in it. It is a PERFECT margarita tray. I use it at home for making margaritas & also to transport my supplies to other peoples' parties.
Pimpernel makes an adorable lemon patterned tray for only $10.00. It is made of melamine and can be purchased at EuropeanTableware.com.

1 comment:

Kathy (Pearson) Troyer said...

Yummy recipe. I love the lemon tray.